If your regular service day is on or after the holiday, then your collection will be delayed one day that week. Normal collection will resume the following week. There are no delays for Sunday holidays.
|New Year’s Day||January 1|
|Independence Day||July 4|
|Labor Day||1st Monday in September|
|Thanksgiving Day||4th Thursday in November|
Payments can be made in the following forms: one-time online payments by credit card, recurring electronic payments by credit card, recurring electronic payments by checking account debit (autopay), and by mail. Click here to make an online payment.
We accept checks and credit cards by mail. Please complete and include your remittance stub that is part of your invoice, place the remittance stub and check in the provided envelope, stamp your envelope, and place it in the mail. If you’ve lost your envelope, please address your envelope to:
Sonoma County Resource Recovery, LLC
PO Box 398894
San Francisco, CA 94139-8894
Rates for waste services in our area have not kept pace with the cost to provide proper services, meet State and Federal regulations governing recycling and resource recovery, and provide required progress and data reporting related to meeting these mandates.
- If you are interested in understanding the requirements of current legislation governing resource reduction, resource recovery and recycling, and carbon emissions reductions, please click below.
- The Town of Windsor undertook a comprehensive and transparent competitive Request for Proposals process prior to selecting Sonoma County Resource Recovery to meet Windsor’s waste services needs. Ultimately, Windsor selected us to be your service provider and we’re very excited to serve you.
Residential: Sonoma County Resource Recovery bills residents quarterly, in advance, on the following dates: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1.
We will make sure your account is properly documented and credited based on the date the service cancellation or change is effective, as indicated by you in either the cancellation form or service change request.
If you are canceling your service and moving out of Windsor, and you wish to receive a refund in the form of a check, we can do that if you provide a forwarding address where indicated on the form.
Note: Our rates are bundled. For the price of your landfill cart (for non-recyclable materials), a base level of service for recyclables and organics collection service are included.
If, on collection day, you have noticed excess capacity in your gray landfill cart that would allow you to decrease your service level, please contact us.
These guidelines may help you determine whether you can decrease the size of your gray landfill cart. Always check the fullness of your landfill cart after all waste has been placed in it the night before your regularly scheduled collection day.
- If your current landfill cart is 96-gallons, you may safely decrease your landfill cart size to a 64-gallon cart if you have excess capacity of at least 1/3 of the space inside your cart.
- If your current landfill cart is 64-gallons, you may safely decrease your landfill cart size to a 32-gallon cart if you have excess capacity of at least ½ of the space inside your cart.
- If your current landfill cart is 32-gallons, you may safely decrease your landfill cart size to a 20-gallon cart if you have excess capacity of at least 1/3 the space inside your cart.
To determine the size of any of your carts, please note the first two digits stamped onto the side of the cart. These two digits indicate the capacity, in gallons, of your cart.
Click here to make a one-time payment or set up recurring payments.
Note: if you select recurring payments we will also deliver your bills and any educational or instructional materials to your email. All educational and instructional materials sent by email and by post will always be posted and available online, so please do not worry about misplacing these.
If you have questions relating to special services you are entitled to by appointment, please click here to review our easy to understand guidelines and make an appointment for service.
Special services include your twice annual On-Call Clean-Up.