The health and safety of our employees and customers is a top priority at Sonoma County Resource Recovery (SCRR). During this time SCRR will continue to provide normal services as an essential service in our communities. While our drivers will be out in the community, we thank you for your help and patience.
Driver Health and Safety
In order to keep our drivers healthy and on the road, you can help by remembering the following guidelines:
- By properly setting out your cart our automated truck drivers will not need to handle your carts decreasing the change of exposure to and spreading of the virus.
- Carts should be spaced with 3 feet between containers and 5 feet between carts and other obstacles.
- Carts must have at least 16 feet of overhead clearance (trees, overhead wires, etc.).
- Carts should not be overfilled. The lids on all carts must close completely.
- If you have excess waste, please contact customer service at (707) 795-7470 to schedule an extra pick up or bag set out. There will be a charge for this service.
- Drivers are not used to seeing children in the streets during school hours. Please warn your children to watch for SCRR trucks, and to completely avoid SCRR collection operations while servicing your home or any home.
Our customer service representatives will continue to answer inquiries from our customers. Payment is accepted over the phone and through our online bill pay service. Our ability to answer calls will likely be impacted with higher call volumes anticipated. We therefore ask the following:
- Please use our website as a place to get information and email our customer service representatives (email@example.com) of non-critical items. This will keep our phone lines available for critical needs.
- Please be patient. We will respond to voicemails within 24 hours.
You may notice a variance from standard collection times due to impacts from waste generation shifting from commercial to residential customers during sheltering orders. However, we will make collections on your regularly scheduled collection day, so please refrain from calling the office to report a perceived missed collection, unless and until you experience a true missed collection where SCRR has failed to collect your waste by 6pm on your collection day.